Significantly Reduce Anxiety with my Anxiety Program
Anxiety disorders affect 1 in 4 New Zealanders at some stage of their lives and 40 million Americans each year. You are not alone.
No matter which type of anxiety you are suffering from we can identify the type(s), discuss the triggers and work together to reduce or eliminate this debilitating disorder. This includes relaxation and breathing techniques, hypnotherapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Thought Field Therapy (TFT), self-care, understanding negative self-talk and beliefs and desensitisation.
The first session is 1.5 hours, usually followed by 3, one hour sessions. We will identify and educate you about your stress challenges and anxieties. We will work together using a wide range of modalities to significantly manage your stress for the long-term, build resilience and give you life skills to live your every day life in a calmer and more relaxed state. I will give you practical strategies you can learn and apply whenever anxiety and panic starts to feel overwhelming.
I will listen with empathy and unconditional acceptance.
If you are in a relationship, the support and acceptance of your partner can be vital, therefore, they are welcome to attend a session with you.
The program also includes audio files and supporting material.
Why Stop Worrying with Hypnotherapy?
Treating a person with anxiety depends on the nature of the anxiety disorder, therefore I offer a holistic approach which will include most of the following as appropriate:-
- Diagnose what kind of anxieties you are suffering from
- Hypnotherapy session(s)
- Education of different kinds of traditional and complimentary therapies are available
- Work with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – worksheets and practical exercises to help you accept the experience of arousal/discomfort and acceptance of outcomes
- Self-hypnosis training and relaxation meditations (I will give you audio files)
- Diet / healthy eating
- A plan for moderate exercise, this has been proven to increase of brains “happy” chemicals
- Triggers and how to deal with them when you have a surge of panic, such as tapping (EFT and TFT), deep breathing and self-hypnosis
- Developing resilience using mindfulness-based stress reduction and distress tolerance
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) to combat chronic tension and chronic arousal (hypervigilance)
Latest Blog Posts
“Put your heart, mind and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret to success”
During hypnosis, your body relaxes and your thoughts become more focused. Like other relaxation techniques, hypnosis lowers blood pressure and heart rate, and changes certain types of brain wave activity. In this relaxed state, you will feel at ease physically yet fully awake mentally, and you may be highly responsive to suggestion. Your conscious mind becomes less alert and your…
Can menopause cause panic attacks and anxiety ? According to the Cleveland Clinic it can for some women. Menopause is not the same for every woman, but it is not the norm to suffer from ongoing panic attacks or chronic anxiety. Estrogen can act as an anti-depressant so when you go through menopause and your estrogen levels drop, you may…